How to Arrange a Funeral
Choices you will need to consider when arranging a funeral are:
- Is burial or cremation preferred – if burial, does the family already own a grave?
- Venue – church followed by crematorium/cemetery, or single service only?
- Type of service – religious / celebrant.
- Transportation needs – for family and/or friends.
- Will there be a viewing and is embalming required – for presentation and sanitisation.
- Has the deceased left written information – has a pre-paid arrangement been put in place?
- Are there any specific requests left by the deceased – consider music, flowers etc.
- After funeral gathering – home or other venue, catering.